Sunday, June 26, 2011

26 June 2011: 1+1 = ~30...in Fish math

Greetings all,
It's summer here in Shenyang and hot (about 88F) yesterday and today, they are forecasting some type of hurricane to come in off of the China sea...so it's sprinkled rain most all day, but so far nothing big.  I've had visitors at work this past week, and will have some more next week, so we really havn't got out and about much.
When we were in Hong Kong, I bought a book on "Feng Shui" (litterally translated, it means Wind Water).  I'm reading it and it's quite fascinating.  I don't know that I believe all of the things that it says, but then again, I figure why not!  I'm by no means an expert and I'm now reading 1 person's opinion about what is "good" fung shui and what is not so good...not changing anything major in our apartment because of good or bad fung shui, but we did buy a couple of gold fish!  Not that we "needed" any gold fish..but they are fun to observe.  I bought a bowl a couple of weeks ago that I thought would look better with some fish...so home came 2 fish.  Within a week, like most gold fish I've ever hear of...one died.  Don't really know why, but he was belly up. (Can't be good fung shui in that!).  So yesterday, we bought 2 more (this makes 3 total) and they were swimming around nervously in the bowl and we left.  When we came back, we had the 3 fish...+ one of the new fishes was evidently seriously pregnant when we bought her because there are now about 30 baby gold fish darting around! (Must be good fung shei).  I've never ever had baby gold fish...any clues on how to handle them out there?  In terms of a "bargain".. I guess that was a good deal...30 for the price of 2...unless these are canable fish...not sure yet!

Here is a photo of our school of fish in the bowl!
  
Buy 2 fish, get 30 babies!  The little orange tadpole looking things are baby goldfish!  
That's about it for this week folks!  Take care and enjoy the summer!  I'm looking forward to one of my sisters coming over to China and we'll sight-see together in August...but until then, I'll be here in China, and 1 trip to France looking at interesting things along the way!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment