Thursday, October 6, 2016

2016 October: The Faces of Tibet

6 Oct 2016
Greetings and happy Fall to all!  The 1st of October is the National day of China and since they typically have a week off to celebrate, it gives us a nice break just after my birthday!  This year, we decided to go to Tibet and Nepal.  I'll go into all I've learned about those 2 countries later.  This post is all about the "Faces of Tibet" similar to what I did for Myanmar earlier this year.  I will post another similar "Faces of Nepal" later.

The people  of Tibet are beautiful to me, they may not be to anyone else...I while I don't know any of these people personally, I was drawn to take pictures of them so that I just felt their images so that I cannot forget.   Most of these images were captured "covertly" as I was only taking pictures on my iphone and I wasn't sure if people would allow me if I asked...so, right or wrong, I now have these special images to remind me of a wonderful trip to Tibet with my dear husband.  You won't find any pictures of Rodney or I in these pictures..only the people of Tibet...from Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Shegar, Everest Base Camp. 

Some of my colleagues who had been to Tibet told me that the people and the area would get to me...they were right...very peaceful, gentle and kind people...here are but a few of the faces and personalities I captured with my phone.  Even now looking at the faces, it doesn't do their beauty justice.  And if you ever have the opportunity to visit Tibet, I highly encourage you to accept it!  Even with the high level of control and sometimes difficult travel accommodations, in this part of China, it's worth it.  The sooner the better...the area is changing and some of the traditional dresses and customs are going away...time marches on...  So glad we went!









































































No comments:

Post a Comment