Sunday, February 15, 2015

2015 Shenyang in Winter

15 Feb 2015

I got a new app on my phone that will let me update my blog from the phone and I'm checking it out!

It's been a cold winter...not bone chilling, but Shenyang cold nonetheless. It had been awhile since we visited the Beiling park tomb, so I went for a cool walk in the park and admire the snow and ice sculptures right here in Shenyang.



Th snow buddah


The tomb under the lone tree


Me on the wall around the tomb


Roof ornaments at the tomb


Ice skating at the park

It was a little chilly at the park, so Rod begged off. I had a nice solitary walk thinking about what life must have been like when the Emperor walked the grounds around the tomb in the forbidden city of Shenyang. Such a different life than today.

After that, at work, we had the normal business plan meeting with all of the salaried staff. I did my normal part on the business presentation. It has been a successful year for our team and it's always good to share good news and try to encourage everyone for the year ahead of us.

Then I somewhat surprised everyone again and did the singing deal again where I dressed up in a lovely chinese silk gown and sung in Chinese...brought down the house!




Yesterday, it was above freezing for the first time in a long time so we went for a run along the river...felt so good to run outside again.



Rod bundled up getting ready to run in WuLiHe Park


Selfie at WuLiHe park


Rod taking my photo running...I've had this jacket for years! just can't seem to give it up! I trained for my first marathon back in 1999 in that jacket in France!


The outdoor no electricity required exercise equipment here in the parks in China. Wish we had these in the Us!


Another day by the frozen river...ice skaters in the distance.

We are getting ready for Spring festival here in China. This will be our 5th Chinese New Year...my hoe time flies! This year we are staying in China and going to shanxi province. More about that in the next blog entry...from my phone if this works!

What a difference a year makes...this time last year, Rod was sick, and getting sicker by the week. We thank God for healing in this past year and, just to let you know, so far so good! Thanks for all your continued prayers and support!

Rod and Sarah in Shenyang, China


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment