Saturday, October 4, 2014

4 Oct 2014: Around the World in 30 days, 3rd (SC, USA) and 4th stops (Thailand)

4 Oct 2014,

So, as you can tell, I'm on a roll...2 posts in 1 day!    I'm like that...once I get something on my mind, I go for it until it's done!  Sometimes it just takes time to 'get it on my mind'!  I've heard from many of you that you enjoy reading about our adventures...but gotta admit, I'm doing this for me so that I can read back over it in the years to come and remember some of this journey!  I love it if you get some enjoyment out of it too!  When we lived in France and Romania, I kept a written journal and these helped me learn the language ( I forced myself to write in French and Romanian...sometimes, the entries were really short!)  I don't master Chinese characters at all, so I decided to keep this blog as my journal of our experiences.  As you can see, I'm far from perfect in blog writing...and glad I don't have to worry about getting paid for this! Anway...

After leaving Paris and my Chinese team safely on their way back to China, I headed to Lexington, SC where I had a 4 day business meeting.  I arrived on Labor day weekend, so we were able to arrange for a mini-reunion at Asheville, NC with sons Chris and Matthew and their families.  It was way too quick, but so very necessary.  Thanks to them for making this journey from KY to meet us in NC!
Matthew, April, Rachael, Olivia, Chris, Sarah Rodney Miller, Sep 2014 in the Great Hall of the Grove Park Inn at Asheville, NC



Our Grand daughter Olivia with Grandpa


Rod and Sarah in front of the Spa at Grove Park Inn...didn't go to the Spa this time...hopefully next time! 

 After the quick trip to Asheville, we went to Lexington and I did my business meeting. 
It was productive and I don't have many pictures of Lexington as I was working most all the time there!  After the business meetings were over, Rodney and I went to the Alternative medicine clinic in Myrtle Beach where Rod first met Dr Dong , Dr Brown and Dr Yu, all of whom were very influential in getting the cancer treatment he is on today. That will be the topic of a different post, so I won't go into detail here.  I will however, post some pretty pictures of Myrtle Beach...we lived in SC for 6 years and we had never been to Myrtle beach together...so this was a bonus for us!

Fun in the surf at Myrtle Beach!

Walking along the beach

Out on the board walk at Myrtle Beach



Myrtle beach from one of the peers

Rod's on the beach with a full moon rising!  Watch out!

Sarah's on the beach ! (no sun in sight, so no chance of burning!)

Moor rising on Myrte Beach, SC

Sunset at Myrtle Beach, SC

Sunset at Myrtle Beach, SC
After Myrtle Beach, Rod and I went our separate ways on this trip...he went to Seoul, SC and I went to Thailand for another business meeting.  Again, I was working there, so not too many pictures in Thailand. 

The lobby of our hotel...!

Pattaya beach for a run
Forget your evening dress?  No problem, just flag down this guy on the 3 wheel bike, next to the other guy on the 3 wheel bike selling tropical fruits!

Sea food salad...not sure what all was in this, but it was good, and I didn't get sick!

With some of my team having lunch after the meetings in Thailand
After this trip in Thailand, we had completed the required 30 days out of China...I have to admit it was exhausting!  We made the most of it and survived and it's already a fond memory.  Not ready to redo this anytime soon!

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers!

Rod and Sarah, back safe and sound in China!

No comments:

Post a Comment