Sunday, August 18, 2013

17 Aug 2013: A plant is born

Greetings all,
Sorry it's been so long since I've last written...I've been a little pre-occupied.  As you know, the reason we came to China was to build, startup and run a tire manufacturing plant..well...I would say that we're about 1/2 on that mission right now, but a big step has been passed.  The plant is mostly built, we have made our 1st tire, we really havn't started up yet so it's hard to say I'm running a running plant yet...so that's why I say 1/2 way.
I am very proud of how far we have come and I'd like to show a few pictures.  It's hard to get an idea of the scope here., but thought you'd like to see if anyway
The main entrance to the plant...still under construction

Most all employees come to work on the Michelin busses

A view of part of the plant from outside the fence



Another view of the plant..that's a cellphone tower on the site

Another view of the plant
That's the outside...I won't show any big pictures of the inside for confidentiality reasons, but I will show a celebration photo on the day of the 1st tire below:


Sarah with the 1st tire behind her celebrating the 1st tire in the new plant



It's been a long time coming (3+ years) and we've still got a long way to go...but I am proud of how far we have come to get here!  From where we started (nothing..totally green field) it's amazing!
Thanks to all who have supported us with your thoughts and prayers..it continues to work!  Celebration is over now...back to work!

All the best to everyone!

Rod & Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment