Monday, March 7, 2011

7 March 2011: The thaw is still a long way off!


7 March 2011
Greeting all!
I feel like I've been a slacker lately when it comes to writing updates...just over come by events I guess!  Thanks to everyone for continuing to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  We've been here almost a year now..my, how time flies when you're having fun...or at least really busy!
Rod and I are doing OK.  You may remember from last note that I had my passport stolen in Thailand when we were on vacation. Well, I finally have my new US passport in hand and am going tomorrow to get my new work visa application and I should be good for another year!
Today, it's 39F and sunny and will get down in the 20's tonight...Spring is on the way, but it's still a ways off!   Still some lingering ice on the ground and we're all still wearing leather coats..not like the weather in SC right now..no 70's for us yet!
Rod and I went out to my work construction site..things are starting to unthaw there too!
Storm water retention pond at the new plant site...not started yet!

Rod & Sarah at the entrance to the new site

this is the storm water retention pond at the new plant site. Notice the ice is still here!   Off in the far distance in orange steel is the beginnings of our plant.
This will be a big manufacturing plant when it's all said and done!  1st class Michelin tires for our Chinese market!


After kicking the dirt, we drove around a little and then stopped at a flea market..always interesting!
 Here are our pictures from the flea markets!
Cardboard recycling Chinese style

Sarah and her old Chinese basket

A Shenyang flea market...lots of people!

Cardboard recycling...pedal power!

Junk man...recycling for a living...The junk men walk up and down the streets hitting a pan on the handlebars to make noise and yell out
(sounds like a wolf call to me!) These guys have hard way to go...glad they do it, but not for me!  At the flea market, it's always interesting...always.  This time, I bought another old basket..OK, I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with it, but I liked it...for those of you counting...this makes number 2...by the way, lots of people commented on my basket walking through the rest of the market...not sure it was because  they really liked it, or as a foreigner, I just looked so strange...either way, didn't matter...I got my basket!


So that's about all for today.  My travel schedule is pretty heaving starting mid March until Mid May...so updates may be a mixed bag over the next 2 months!
Take care yawl and keep those emails coming!

Sarah & Rod


No comments:

Post a Comment