Sunday, March 28, 2010

28 March 2010, life begins in Shenyang solo for the moment


I mention in the note below that "I'm pretty sure it's pollution"...well after 1+ year here, I confirm...it's pollution!

28 March 2010

Greetings everyone,
> I arrived safe and sound here in Shenyang. It's another big city...not as glitzy as Shanghai, but still huge ~8 Million people!
> My new boss met me at the airport with flowers and a driver, and took me here to the Inter Continental hotel and gave me a welcome packet, which includes a new business phone and some emergency contact info. I'll go to work for the first time tomorrow morning...but for now, I'm settled in.
> Attached is a pic with a view from my hotel window (18th floor). In it, you can see there is a general haze...I'm pretty sure that's pollution.



> Another pic is my room..looks nice. I'm sure I'll be tired of it by the time it comes to move to an apartment, but for now, it's home sweet home! Come on over Rod!







No comments:

Post a Comment